Sunday, September 26, 2010

Food Find #1



For those days when I really don't want to deal with the clean-up from cooking, its nice to have a list of places to get a good meal. I was thrilled to find such a place tucked away in a completely unassuming location - hidden in plain sight. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Kabob Hutt!

Kabob Hutt
I ended up at his place yesterday for lunch, and it was amazing! I wasn't sure what to get, it being my first time getting Persian food, so I played it safe with some hummus for an appetizer and the chicken kabob for my meal. I couldn't have been happier with my selection! The hummus was really good and the flatbread it was served with was perfect. The chicken on the kabob was supremely well seasoned and the veggies with it were gloriously grilled. Basmati rice with saffron? Um, YES PLEASE! It's hidden in plain sight on Main street, right next to the Econo Lube 'n' Tune. The building has been a hundred different things over the years, but this is its best incarnation by far! I will definitely be coming back to this place soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment