Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ole!

Tonight I decided to try making enchiladas for the first time. I made black bean salad last week and needed to use it up, so I figured it would work well as enchiladas.




Black Bean Salad Enchiladas

Black Bean Salad:

corn (frozen)

black beans

bell peppers (tri color)

onion

roasted anaheim chili

Enchiladas:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of baking dish. **I used store-bought sauce. Next time I'll attempt to make it myself**
  2. Take one 10"corn tortilla and fill with black bean salad. Top with shredded cheese (either cheddar or "Mexican Blend"). Roll and place upside down in baking dish.
  3. When dish is full, pour rest of sauce over enchiladas and cover with cheese. Bake for 20 min.

While the enchiladas were cooking, I made some guacamole, which was an excellent addition. I had planned on making a Mexican-inspired salad with cilantro, onion, tomato, tortilla strips and cilantro dressing, but I just wasn't hungry enough. Maybe next time. I have leftovers, anyone want some?



No comments:

Post a Comment