Monday, September 6, 2010

Breakfast of Kings?

Woke up this morning not feeling like the traditional eggs and bacon breakfast, and cereal wasn't quite gonna cut it. I had the oldies music channel playing on tv, and Elvis' "Good Luck Charm" came on. Inspiration! I remember hearing that Elvis loved fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, so I decided to take a note from the King for my breakfast this morning.



Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

1. Spread peanut butter on two slices of sandwich bread. Drizzle honey one each slice. Cut banana into small discs and place on one slice, covering from edge to edge.

2. Put sandwich hlaves together and spread a thin layer of butter on one side and place butter side down on a preheated griddle at medium. Spread butter on the naked side of the sandwich and flip when golden brown.

I'm eating mine with the second half of the banana, but one whole banana should cover two sandwiches. It's a very satisfying breakfast with just a touch of sweetness. I think The King would be proud.

This breakfast has left the building!

No comments:

Post a Comment